Saturday

High-Protein, Low-Carb Diet Increases Risk of Colorectal Cancer?



Although many confirm that a diet high in protein and low in carbs can cause a rapid rate of weight loss, scientist believe that in the long run a low carb diet has a more risk factors than benefits.
According to the studies from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, a high-protein, low-carb diet maintained for 4 weeks decreases cancer-protective chemicals, and increases cancer-causing chemicals that can increase your risk of colorectal cancer.
Reason being is the lack of fiber intake taken during a high-protein diet. Therefore causing a decrease in the movement time through your gastrointestinal which can over expose your intestines to cancer-causing chemicals. 
When I first started eating raw I didn't go all the way, actually even up to now my diet is roughly around 80% Raw. I only hit 100% around 2-3 times a week. (It's very hard having a meat-loving husband.) In order for me to keep my digestive system moving I make sure to take in plenty of fibrous foods. If you don't know where to get you're fiber from, you can get it mostly from fresh fruits and vegetable and whole grains.
Chia Seeds - P1,550
My Favorite Fiber-Rich Foods:
  • Papaya
  • Dark Greens
  • Lemmnos Natural Yogurt
  • Whole Wheat, Multi-Grain, or Rye Bread
  • Chia Seeds
  • Iko Crackers
  • Raw Oats
Although it has no fiber, I make sure to also take in plenty of water! Yes, it can be a hassle to get up and walk to the bathroom every 30mins, but eventually your body will get use to it. A trick that works for me is drinking about 600mL or 2 1/2 cups of water first thing in the morning before eating anything. Not only will it clear you out from the inside but it'll also reflect on the outside, giving you "clear and glowing" skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment